Building an effective marketing strategy takes time and commitment, but you don’t have to be a marketing genius to see positive results. Whether you’re new to online marketing or are simply trying to improve results, use the following tips to help you get on the right track with your marketing strategy.
Test Your Website
The first thing to check is your website; after all, it represents your business 24/7. Look at your website as if it’s the first time you’ve seen it and ask yourself:
- Do your website pages load quickly?
- Is it easy to find important information?
- Is every element displaying correctly on all devices?
- Are links working properly?
- Is your contact form working correctly and sending the right reply to users?
Any flaws you spot are potentially damaging to your image and need to be fixed ASAP. To test site speed, you can use Google’s PageSpeed Insights tool.
Create a Consistent Brand Story
If your Twitter profile says one thing and your website homepage says something else, you’ll quickly lose the confidence of potential customers. Make sure your entire team knows exactly what your unique value proposition is and what you’re offering customers. Keeping these messages consistent across all online channels will build brand credibility.
Check Your Language
This is closely linked to the last point, but it’s less about what you say and more about how you say it. If your content doesn’t emotionally resonate with your target audience, your marketing efforts will ultimately fall flat. To ensure your content is relevant and engaging, you should:
- Use words and phrases that potential customers can relate to.
- Use the same language and tone in all your online content.
- Communicate the benefits of your products or services.
- Speak to the needs and desires of your target audience.
- Highlight what makes you different from your competitors.
Optimize Content for Search Engines
Every marketer knows the importance of search engine optimization (SEO), but it can get forgotten in the mix of day-to-day marketing. Here are some quick SEO tips:
- Include relevant keywords in blog post headings and title tags.
- Add relevant keywords to meta descriptions to encourage click-throughs from search engine results pages.
- On your website, include relevant links to high-authority sites.
- Insert links to other relevant pages on your website.
- Share your content across social media.
- Add social share buttons to your website and blog.
Blog More Frequently
This is part of boosting your SEO efforts, but it’s one of the most important things you can do to build brand awareness, drive website traffic, and engage potential customers. Blog frequently with unique, audience-focused content.
Use an Editorial Calendar
Organizing your content output ahead of time ensures you’ll stick to your content schedule. If you’re struggling to keep up with content demand, repurpose content by converting older content pieces into different formats to share across various online channels.
Promote Your Business on Social Media
Social media channels like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn are not only great for sharing content, they’re the ideal platforms for building customer relationships, responding to audience questions, and discovering what makes your audience tick. Focus on the channels where your target audience are most likely to hang out.
Use More CTAs
A call-to-action (CTA) is one of the most effective ways to encourage your audience to take further action, whether it’s signing up for a newsletter, filling in a form, or making a purchase. Add more CTAs to the most visited pages on your website and throughout your blog posts.
Sharpen Your Wider Promotional Strategies
Apart from SEO and social media promotion, here are six further ways to promote your business:
- Share your content in email newsletters and focus on growing your email list.
- Use discounts, sales coupons, and free samples to generate business interest and leads.
- Support a charity that aligns with your brand’s values.
- Attend trade events.
- Organize an online contest.
- Host live events in your community.
Consider Paid Search Advertising
Paid ads from Google and Bing are a quick way to boost your online presence by appearing above organic results in search engines. Even businesses with a limited budget can invest a small amount in paid promotion, which involves bidding on audience-focused keywords. According to PPC Resellers, 40 percent of all clicks on Google go to these paid ads.
An effective digital marketing strategy is key to reaching potential customers and driving sales. But with so many businesses using online marketing for promotion, it’s understandable that some brands fall short and make mistakes.
By following these tips and techniques, you can start to fill the gaps in your marketing strategy, strengthen your online presence, gain a competitive advantage, and achieve more of your business goals.